Flashbacks are drawn to indicate a past event recalled. Tom draws them in a particular way: the stone texture used for backgrounds also covers foreground characters and objects; and sometimes the flashback's first frame's upper border and last frame's lower border are rounded.
- Chapter 18 Page 40. A flashback to Kat & Annie's first meeting.
- Chapter 18 Page 41. Begins a flashback to Surma and Anja after discovering Diego's Tomb.
- Chapter 40: Page 3 panel 1. Jones starts recounting some life events in reverse (texture only).
- Chapter 53: Page 5 panel 4. Fire-elemental Annie begins recalling a talk with Ysengrin in the Forest.
- Chapter 53: Page 9 panel 1. Fire-elemental ends her recall once the hair is cut.
- Chapter 53: Page 14 panel 6. Anthony Carver refers to his time with Surma at Good Hope Hospital (texture only).